Sunday, November 18, 2007

The News from El Cerrito

I have discovered that the chronic backache I have had more or less constantly since I got back has a cause. And it is not just being old and fat. Last night I slept on the floor instead of on my supposedly excellent and firm mattress. This morning I feel, if not good, better, for the first time in weeks.

It is not exclusively age related either. I remember now that I used to sleep either on the floor or on a piece of carpeted plywood in the bed. That was when I lived on La Loma in the 1980's. I was in my late 30's, early 40's, then. I no longer remember what became of the futon I slept on for many years after La Loma. But it is time to either sleep on the floor again or to shop for another futon.

I am so pleased to learn that the rest of my life will not be spent hunched over in pain as this past month has been.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:27 PM

    Hello, Jack,

    Cool blog: I found you from a posting you made on mideastyouth and you are now bookmarked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous. Thank you for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete