Thursday, June 05, 2008

On the Road Again - day one


I am at Winfield, just north of Kelowna. I got a slow start today. It took several hours to unwrap and then to re-assemble the bicycle. There was more time spent screwing around in Kelowna getting glue, food, and plastic bags and then repacking using the plastic bags. Finally I made it to Highway 97 and turned north. By then it was 3:30 in the afternoon.

l am being as unambitious as possible. I have come only 20 kilometers and have stopped for the night at Winfield, the very next town north of Kelowna. It has been raining all day which has dampened my enthusiasm. It doesn't seem cold but I could see my breath so it must be.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:49 AM

    Why the glue? Don't leave me hanging....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:58 PM

    I can explain for Jack...When you get past 60 years old, various parts of your body start to fall off. A little glue, applied to the right spots, keeps Jack all in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous is right, that is what the glue was for. That and that my helmet mirror, a veritable third eye, got knocked off, and I eagerly wanted to reattach it.

    ReplyDelete